We’ve come to the final chakra in this series. The crown chakra, Sahasrara (Sahasrāra), is located at the top of the head and corresponds with the color violet. It takes the shape of a 1000-leafed lotus flower. This chakra connects us to the universe, our divine selves. This chakra helps us find unity with all and interconnectedness with every being. There isn’t intellectual knowledge associated with this chakra, but there is joy and peaceful feelings toward life. When in balance this chakra connects us with higher consciousness, is limitless, brings about bliss, and offers presence or awareness. When imbalanced a person can feel disconnected from spirit and cynical, disconnected from the body and living in the head, obsessed with spiritual matters, and closed-minded. Some ways to heal and keep the crown chakra in harmony are:
- See purple – The color violet is associated with the crown chakra. When you close your eyes and focus on violet this automatically brings awareness to this energy center. You can imagine purple light filling up your head and even see that light extend from your head to the universe to connect you to the divine, to your oneness and the oneness of all. Wearing purple is another way to bring awareness to this chakra. You could also wear or carry purple crystals like amethyst or fluorite.
- Meditate – Meditation greatly affects your crown chakra because it connects you to your higher self and power. Meditation is a way to calm your racing thoughts and sit in stillness and love. This stillness and love allows you to become one with the universe. Meditation is healing for the mind and body, both of which can be negatively affected by an imbalanced crown chakra.
- Use essential oils – Wonderful oils for the crown chakra include frankincense, neroli, rose, and vetiver. All of these oils are calming and can help ease your mind. An overactive crown chakra can lead to feeling disconnected from your body, therefor using a soothing oil can slow down the chakra and bring about peace. Diffusing is a wonderful way to absorb the benefits of oils or putting the oils in a carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil) and applying it to the bottoms of your feet and the base of the skull can bring about that ease.
- Practice yoga – Yoga is balancing for all of the chakras. One pose in particular is wonderful for the crown chakra because it is a meditative pose. Savasana, or corpse pose, is normally done at the end of a yoga practice. This allows your body and mind to reap the benefits of yoga, but it also allows you to meditate. And, as mentioned above, meditation connects you to the divine. Other poses include tree pose, half-lotus pose, and head stand.
- Receive Reiki and/or massage – Yes, here I am again, but reiki and massage both put one into that meditative state. When you are in a meditative, relaxed state your brain waves slow down and that is where healing can take place. So, again, meditation is the overarching theme in healing the crown chakra and keeping it harmonious. Reiki moves energy that is stuck and massage helps relax the muscles that may be holding onto that stuck energy. If you are feeling imbalanced in your crown chakra ask for a head and neck massage because that’s where the energy would be stuck regarding a crown chakra.
The crown chakra is the chakra that connects us to our divine state and the divine as a whole. This is the chakra that reminds us we are divine and pure. Often, we forget our inner purity, but when harmonious, this chakra brings that purity back to the forefront so we can practice true awareness, love, and connectedness to all. I hope you enjoyed this 8-week series on the chakras. Remember to always check in and make sure you are harmonious in each chakra. If even one is off, your whole self will feel unstable.
The light and love in me honors the light and love in you. Namaste!